Anxiety can cause a person to become sad and depressed. It would affect the quality of their life and render them unable to carry out their daily chores with ease. Everything is cumbersome and people start losing interest in social gatherings because crowds make them feel anxious. They might have panic attacks without warning. A panic attack is genuinely painful for the person undergoing them.
There are various kinds of anxiety disorders, some of these include the following:
- Obsessive compulsive disorder. The person has a deep rooted urge to fix anything and everything around them to the point of compulsion. Anything out of place gives them anxiety.
- Panic disorder. There are certain triggers which might cause a panic attack.
- Social anxiety, wherein a person is unable to go out and enjoy a healthy social life.
- A phobia. These phobias could be related to something as simple as leave their homes. It is known as agoraphobia and is very common in people.
Anyone who suffers from the above mentioned anxiety disorders can suffer a great deal. It’s a debilitating disease which causes a person to plunge into depression and unable to cope with their life.
However there is nothing to worry about, all thee anxiety disorders are treatable when paired with the right lifestyle changes and anxiety treatments. When you seek anxiety treatment in Gold Coast, you should look for a mental health practitioner who specialises in treating patients suffering from anxiety. They would suggest some form of treatment like exposure therapy and anxiety management techniques taught to patients so they are able to cope with stress with ease.
The first step which any doctor takes while helping a person suffering from anxiety is to help them
- Make a person realise that they are suffering from anxiety which is treatable and not something which could be a major problem.
- Help them identify triggers which might set on an anxiety attack
- Teach relaxation techniques which should be practiced when a person feels an anxiety attack coming on
- They would also make them undergo therapies like cognitive or behaviour therapies which can help manage the stress with ease.
- On the other hand they may also send a person for counselling sessions which could help the person understand how and why they can face their problems and easy methods which would help avoid anxiety attacks altogether.
Anxiety also has physical symptoms which are triggered because of hyperventilation. It causes oxygen levels in the body to rise. This can cause an almost physical pain and the person might have trouble breathing. The way to manage it is by learning to breathe through the diaphragm. Though some people find breathing through the abdomen quite challenging, there are other breathing techniques to be practiced as well.
The key is to focus on the positive aspects in your life. Implement a healthy lifestyle. Join social groups which understand you and bring out the bet of your abilities. All the little things can add up and help deal with stress and anxiety issues.