Thank you to all authors that submitted an abstract for consideration to the DAA National Conference 2017 in the first round of abstracts. Late breaking submissions are now open!
The DAA 2017 Scientific Program Committee invites the submission of abstracts on original work. Abstracts can be submitted for consideration for an oral presentation or a hard copy poster. You will be asked to indicate all co-authors, but the presenting author should submit the abstract. Presenting authors must be paid registrants at the Conference.
There may only be one presenting author per paper. All abstracts must be submitted online via the Conference website using the online submission form.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||9 November 2016|
|Author Notification||14 December 2016|
|Call for Late Breaking Abstracts*||11 January 2017|
|Late Breaking Submission Deadline||1 February 2017|
|Late Breaking Author Notification||23 February 2017|
|Author Registration Deadline||21 March 2017|
*Eligibility for submission of a late breaking abstract includes research that has been planned, but not conducted or finalised by the first round abstract submission deadline of 9 November 2016. If eligible, you will have an opportunity to submit a late breaking abstract, including the results and discussion, from 11 January 2017. Please note late breaking submissions are not eligible for any DAA 2017 Awards.
For 2017, authors will be able to select from the following two streams that their abstract applied to:
Authors will then be required to select one Interest Group that their abstract applies to.
Important Information Regarding Abstract Submission
- Please read through the submission instructions listed below before preparing your abstract.
- Read the General Policies and Requirements and Evaluation Criteria for the submission of abstracts.
- Please ensure you are registered for the Conference prior to 21 March 2017.
- All authors are required to create an author account here to submit their Abstract and/or Workshop & Seminar Proposal.
Submission Instructions for Preparing and Formatting Your Abstract(s)
- Write abstract title in the field provided using upper case letters.
- Font type and size for the abstract text: Calibri, 11pt left justified.
- DO NOT repeat the abstract title in the abstract text box provided.
- Use only the given space with a maximum of 250 words.
- The abstract MUST be a single paragraph only. If format is not correct, it will be returned to the author to amend.
- NO headings, spaces between paragraphs, references, graphics, tables, footnotes or images should be included with your abstract text.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Capitalise the first letter of trade names.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the DAA 2017 Scientific and Social Program Committee for acceptance.
Please follow the below steps to submit your abstract:
- Click the green ‘submit abstract’ button below to commence your submission.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the Conference Website and in the above format.
- You will be asked to create an account for the Conference. Please remember your password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
- Upload your abstract in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- List all authors and their affilliations in the correct order, ensuring you indicate the presenting author for the abstract.
- Select your abstract stream and Interest Group as applicable to your abstract.
- Indicate your preferred presentation type.
- Click ‘Preview and Submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, click ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
- The principal submitting author will be notified of the results of the review of abstracts by 23 February 2017.
Interested in attending?
If you are interested in attending the Conference and would like further information and regular updates, please register your interest below.
18 - 20 May 2017, Hobart
Early Bird/Author Registration Deadline:
21 March 2017
Abstract Submission & Workshop/Seminar Submission:
Workshop/Seminar Submission Deadline:
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Call for Late Breaking Abstracts:
Late Breaking Submission Deadline:
DAA 2017 Conference Managers
Arinex Pty Ltd
ABN 28 000 386 676
Level 10, 51 Druitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Ph: +61 2 9265 0700
Fax: +61 2 9267 5443